Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Ways of Seeing...
I think in this writing of Berger he is very grounded in the way that he is expressing his thoughts. I do not believe that Berger is wrong in what he is saying. Women for centuries have found that the foundation of a women is one that is supported by the men. Now I am using "support" loosely for the reasons that the actions of a man who is consumed of the culture of society toward a women will always be seen somewhat unfair or have the lingering question behind it, Why? Berger in the beginning of his writing talks about how the presence of a woman is essentially all she has as a woman. Her presence determines her importance or wealth to society. It shows an idea of what she may think of herself and her presence does determine how she is treated my men. I believe that this is all true. However, I do not believe that it is fair. There is no need for a Woman to depend on anyone outside of herself to determine who she is and what she is capable of. This very ideology is one of the major components to why women have yet to experience independence and respect given by men.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment