1.
What is the problem-posing question that seems significant to you?
A question I would want to focus on is how gender influences academic achievement and career paths in the fields of science and engineering.
2.
Why are you interested in pursuing this question?
I have a personal interest in this question because I am pursuing a medical degree. And I am also interested because women have been raised to believe that they do not excel as much in those fields and have been told their entire life things such as: "women are bad at math".
3.
What areas should you research/explore to know more about this topic?
I should look into studies done on the topic to find the statistical research as well as learn from the published experiences of other academics of all genders.
4.
Have we discussed or read texts that dealt with your topic? What do you
know about your topic?
We have yet to discuss the differences of academic achievement between genders. The knowledge I have on this topic is built from research done with reading articles and research studies, as well as friends and personal experiences.
This will be a very interesting topic. I think it will be fun to write considering you are interested in the topic and it deals with your major. I have thought about this before also but haven't done any research on it, so it will be cool to see what you find out. We have discussed in class so many differences in gender that that it should be pretty easy to find sources.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good question and is similar to mine. I believe that there will be a lot of academic studies on this topic, because as an education major we have discussed this in a lot of my classes. You have some very thought-provking questions and I believe you are on the right track, good luck!
ReplyDeleteI really like your question because I also have a science and math based related major. It will be interesting to see what you find, as I am sure there will be plenty of discussion on this topic on the internet. Although we have not discussed this much in class specifically, I think this is a very important topic that should be addressed!
ReplyDelete