1.
What is the problem-posing question that seems significant to you?
Why is there a significant difference in wages between men and women?
2.
Why are you interested in pursuing this question?
This question is interesting to me because once I graduate from college this will be
something that I will have to pay attention to and maybe deal with in the work place.
3.
What areas should you research/explore to know more about this topic?
The internet will help me find more information on this topic. Sites like google scholar for example
4.
Have we discussed or read texts that dealt with your topic? What do you
know about your
topic?
In class we have read an article that talked about this. I am not very knowledgeable on this topic, which is why I want to research it more. But I do know that it is prevalent in today's society still and want to learn more about it.
I mentioned this on another person's post about workplace inequality, but it might be a good idea to also mention the wage gap for female minorities, since the amount they typically earn is far less than what white women earn. It might also be interesting to compare the amount that male minorities earn with what women earn.
ReplyDeleteI like that you are asking about this. Because never once have I thought to question it I have only just accepted it and took it as a norm. I really look forward to finding out what the reason or reasons may be.
ReplyDeleteThis is really similar to my topic, just more specific. Interested to see what you find and how it relates to the general inequality in the workplace.
ReplyDeleteThis is a topic I'm sure you will find plenty of information on. As I mentioned on someone else's post with the same topic, we discussed that men negotiate their salaries more often than women. This could be something to look into more.
ReplyDeleteThis is an age old question that I never understood how any company or business could deliberately discuss wage differences based on gender. I am not sure why these things happen so commonly.
ReplyDelete