Thursday, March 13, 2014

Paper #2

1.     What is the problem-posing question that seems significant to you?
-What are the gender inequality issues that women face in the workforce?
2.     Why are you interested in pursuing this question?
-It is a relevant topic that has become a major topic of interest in the progressive movement of gender equality. It has an effect on all women in any workforce. 
3.     What areas should you research/explore to know more about this topic?
-Look at the statistics of promotion opportunities for women, sexual harassment in the workforce, maternal leave, comparison of income between men and women in the same job, etc.

4.     Have we discussed or read texts that dealt with your topic? What do you know about your topic?
-Unemployed Black Woman and Sandberg's Ted Talk. I know that women face inequality issues in terms of income for the same job as men. Also, women with the same education level as men are still less desirable in the workforce. In general they suffer due to many inequality issues in the workforce overall. 

6 comments:

  1. Great topic! Sandberg talked about what we as women can do to be more assertive in the workplace. However, what do you think is wrong with the system itself? In order to have affective change do you think we should change women's attitude or change the system we are stuck in? I think this problem is very important to pursue and I am looking forward to see the conclusions you make from it. Good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great topic, and your problem-posing question will be able to provide you with a lot of resources. We have discussed this topic within our class, so you will have some resources available for you just based on our readings. I believe that this problem is important, and I am excited to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty of resources to go along with this topic, so it should be easy to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your topic, This is an issue that definitely still face working women today. Another way to improve your topic would be to interview working women about their personal experiences

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will be able to find a lot of information on it. It is very similar to my topic, only broader. The work place and women is just an iffy topic. I think it is great you are exploring it deeper. Good luck and I am interested to see what you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a really great topic. I know that in past conversations we talked about inequality when it comes to salary, and being hired for a job based off of the sex of the individual. I know in the past that men typically have a higher salary and are hired over women due to things such as pregnancy. Also, I have heard that women's salary is on the increase compared to men so that would be something to further research.

    ReplyDelete