-Are there gender issues in the education system along with in the classroom
2 Why are you interested in pursuing this question?
-Education is part of everyone's life, and I am interested in working in the education system one day, whether it be teaching or with other occupations within the school system.
3. What areas should you research/explore to know more about this topic?
- I think the areas I would need to explore is the different research they have found through out the education system, along with some research that was done at specific schools. Get some information and statistics on the woman and men that are in the education setting and see what is said.
4. Have we discussed or read texts that dealt with your topic? What do you
know about your topic?
- we have talked a little about the education system and classroom but not really into a lot of detail.
This is a very interesting topic. I'm not sure if this would be useful to you, but I read something several months ago about how many standardized tests (particularly the SAT) are biased toward male students. You might also want to look into areas like science and math and see if teachers in those subjects treat female students differently.
ReplyDeleteI think that there is a lot of information online and at the library that could help with your research. you could look at the gender differences at different levels, from classrooms to shools and the educational system as a whole. also the difference for students and teachers could be interesting
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be very interesting to search. You could maybe talk to teachers and other staff members.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a very good topic to research into. Something that I have always found to be interesting is that the majority of elementary teachers tend to be female rather than male. I think it would be cool to possibly research to see if there is a preference of women teaching younger children over men.
ReplyDelete