Thursday, March 13, 2014

Paper 2 questions

1.     Do boys and girls, adolescent to young adult age, participate/act differently within the classroom?

2.     I am interested in pursuing this question because I am an adolescent/young adult education major myself. I have discussed this question in a few of my education classes and I would like to explore it some more.

3.     I will need to research classroom dynamics, as well as gender ratios within classrooms. I believe my textbooks and a novel I am currently reading, Schoolgirls, will become very helpful in my research.


4.     I have some background knowledge on my topic from previous education courses that I have taken, but I believe that some of the readings we have read for class will come in handle as well. The gender ratio in our class alone may help me in my research.  

9 comments:

  1. I think this is a great topic! It also very good cause it relates to your major. I think this is a big deal in classrooms. Some boys and girls may be nervous out talking in front of their classmates and sharing their own opinions on the topics being discussed. You could also look at what kinds of topic make students be more engaged and what topics draw students attention away. You are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this topic a lot! Makes me think back to grade school and automatically assume that boys act out more but it will be interesting to get to see both sides. It was smart to do something within your major that you can relate to. I agree with Allie that involving students will make it much more interesting to see what it is still like today in middle schools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This topic made me laugh! Boys and girls definitely act different in the classroom, so I look forward to reading what all you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really interesting topic and I know there is research relating to it. You could relate to the gendering in society with this topic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very interesting topic. I remember in high school girls tended to be seen as the ones who would gossip and be really chatty in the classroom while the boys were rowdy and acted out more. I would love to see how true these stereotypes are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this topic is perfect for you! Since you are going to be in the classroom setting for your career, I think it's important for you to learn about in what ways boys and girls specifically act different and/or similar. Maybe as a source you could interview students and even professors to get their input on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great topic, I am also focusing my topic on how men and woman act differently in the education system. I think this will also be helpful for you in the future because that's what you want to do! There will be plenty of information online for you, and even ask your professors to help you out, I'm sure they will have a lot of helpful information as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that adolecent boys and girls essentially act the same until puberty. I think once they mature they are more acceptable to the societal views around them. They begin to understand their surroundings better and they also understand their individual culture better.

    ReplyDelete