1. What is the problem-posing question that seems significant to you?
Why are pay wages higher for men than women?
2. Why are you interested in pursuing this question?
I'm interested in this because if two people have the same occupation than they should have equal pay wages.
3. What areas should you research/explore to know more about this topic?
I would probably research wage laws and how women have been discriminated against in terms of pay rates compared to men.
4. Have we discussed or read texts that dealt with your topic? What do you know about your topic?
No, we have not discussed or read texts about this topic. I don't know very much about it other than that the pay wages of women are significantly lower than those of men.
This has been a concern in the world for a very long time. You will be able to find a lot of articles and interviews about how people feel about this topic. I know this upsets a lot of women because we don't understand why men and women get paid differently when we all are equal. Men and women both work hard, they both can get degrees, there shouldn't be a difference in how were paid. I think this will be a very good paper!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good topic! One thing that I think you should be slightly wary about when researching pay inequity is the idea that, in general, women make less because they take more time off than men due to maternity leave, etc. Many people argue this despite the fact that wage statistics from the government only address those who work full-time; not those who work part-time or take time off.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a topic you will find a lot of information on. I'm sure it's very debatable and there are many reasons for this issue. We lightly touched on this in class discussion how men more often negotiate their salaries than women. This could be something you could look into more. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a good topic to research into. I think you will be able to find tons of information on this topic. Also, I think there are issues such as pregnancy that contribute to this issue. We talked about this somewhat in class so you could also use some of the class readings for evidence to further research this topic.
ReplyDelete