Thursday, March 13, 2014

Paper #2

1. Do men spend more time on their phones than women do?

2. I feel that today our generation has become obsessed with technology. I figure that ideally people think that women are on their phones more but I  want to do research to find out who is actually more obsessed.

3. I will need to research phone usage and need to examine some of the men around me to get a fair perspective . I also think i need to come up with a better way to word my question so it does not come off to broad.

4. We have no discussed this topic specifically in class. I just know that cellphones are a big part of our lives today and there has to be enough information to try to prove this point and it seems like it will be fun to figure.

10 comments:

  1. This will be very interesting. Everyone is attached to their phone, always on social networking, texting and call their family and friends. I have never thought about which gender spends more time doing all of that. Our generation is so obsessed with technology, it pretty much runs our lives! I also think that its good that your question is broad because that why you will be able to find more facts and articles on your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting topic. I haven't thought about it much before. I'm interested to see your conclusions. Also how detrimental do you think it could be if they are missing out on face to face social interactions? Would it affect the boys more than girls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could definitely take this topic further by going into if men and women now socialize more through technology and social media than they actually do in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mitch, you could talk a lot about the technological barrier and look into how that affects both men and women. The research about this should be really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is a really interesting topic. I also agree with Mitch, discussion of the technological barrier and its effects on men and women would be a great way to further your reasearch. Another thing you could research is how men and women behave on social media and other types of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an interesting topic, something that I wouldn't have thought of. I am interested to read your findings. I agree with the 2 previous comments. Discussing how dependent our generation is on technology could help come up with more things to talk about. Also technology in the workplace and how our interaction with it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this topic, and I think it will be interesting to see what kind of information you find out. I agree with Mitch and Stacie about going in more depth if men and woman socialize more through social media.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you guys! I agree I love that approach Mitch thank you and I am going to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a really interesting topic to research further into. As a guy I would feel that women spend more time on their phones, so it will be cool to see if you can find information that says otherwise. I also like how this topic can be further broken down possibly to see the affects of how a lack of face to face interaction can affect relationships between men and women due to the amount of time they spend communicating to each other through technology.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure but this gender issue is one that is founded on stereotypes and gender roles. Other than the idea that Women talk longer and more often on the phone than men do I do not believe that it is something that women enjoy more than men.

    ReplyDelete