Thursday, March 13, 2014

Problem Posing Question

1.      How do the gender norms of our society propegate a rape culture?
2.      I think that the topic of rape culture is very relevant to our society today, especially to college students and in light of the reactions to various events this year on campus. 
3.      Rape culture, hyper masculinity and sexual aggression, objectification of women, institutionalization and normalization of victim blaming

4.      The articles about rape culture and normalization, the male gaze, sexual aggression in bars, etc

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a good question for this class. Being college students it is around us as much as we hate to admit it. We have gone over lots of material you can incorporate to this topic as well and will make for a very interesting outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very thought-provoking problem-posing questions. We have discussed this in our class discussions, and I can think of several articles we have read for class that you could use as resources. Being college aged students I believe that this issue surrounds us everyday, you're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using examples from our college would make for a very interesting read. Good choice on your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article we read for Tuesday would relate really well to this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your topic is great! It looks like you've got a great research plan. I like that not only are you going to incorporate general knowledge from our readings but also experiences at our own university.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good topic to explore, there are a lot of articles we have read in class that you can use for your paper. You can also use information gathered from the incidents concerning rape that have happened on our campus this past year as examples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this will be a really interesting topic to explore because there are so many arguments and aspects of the rape culture that you can research.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a useful topic to explore and like earlier said using examples from our college would ad some more research to it. Also a lot of readings we have read the last week will really help.

    ReplyDelete