I do believe that these images have an impact. The constant subliminal notions that the only way to be successful and happy is to be just like the photoshopped person in the magazine or billboard can be very harmful to society.
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Sexualized Images
Most of these images use sex in order to manipulate a person into wanting something based on how the person view themselves and how they think the person should view others. Most of these ideas are in our mainstream media and advertisements. Through my personal experience I try not to pay too much attention to these sexualized advertisements. I would rather be buying the product based on more knowledge than it can should make me look sexy. Such as what is in the product and how it can work for me personally, rather than solely relying on the idea that I will look like the foxy lady in the advertisement if I use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment