Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sexualizing Images

When I see ads or anything that is sexualizing men or women it doesn't phase me. I think that it is so common in society today that we just overlook it. Sexualization is what sells now, it grabs your attention and makes you notice what is being advertised. If it is an attractive women, men will notice and maybe buy that perfume in hopes it will make their wives or girlfriends more attractive like the women in the ad. When men are half naked advertising underwear women want to buy them for their significant others dreaming they'll look like David Beckham! To me it is no longer out of the ordinary it is just how the world works it grabs your attention but you are over looking the fact that being sexual is how things sell now. This way of thinking creates completely unrealistic expectations of men and women. Even though it seems natural for advertising it is causing the idea of what we should look like in order to be "beautiful" unattainable.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate that you talked about David Beckham because he's perfect. However, I agree with you, society is numb to the idea of sexy and what sexy really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you on the unrealistic expectations of each other!

    ReplyDelete