Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ways of Seeing

These pieces were all interesting to read.  I really enjoyed when Berger sums off how men act and women appear in the "The Female Nude" article.  I completely agree with when he talks about how women watch themselves being looked at by males.  I think this summery can be linked directly to the article about "gaze" and how the poses of models in campaigns and ad strike different feelings inside the viewer.  For example when I pose strikes the viewers feelings of inferiority; women often feel this way when they see models that are "beautiful" and "perfect" they then feel like they should look like that for acceptance.  This is part of the reason why when men are looking at a nude female the woman often finds herself more worried about her body than looking at the male.

No comments:

Post a Comment